Another one of the lectures i’ve been given in my Psychology class. It is probably something we’ve all gone through at some point in our lives. Here are some few tips as to how you can deal with breakups.
1. Don’t be in contact with your EX.
2. Allow yourself or the dumpee to grieve. You have to let yourself hurt.
3. Surround yourself with supportive friends. (not those who tell you, “he wasn’t even that hot anyways!!”)
4. Dont put yourself down so much. Think rationally.
”I didn’t fail, the relationship failed”
5. Also a good time to pamper yourself. Take care of yourself
6. Go out and meet new people BUT be careful of the rebound romance.
7. Good time to take up something new! Build Self-efficacy
8. Don’t expect the rest of the world to be on hold while your going through this
9. if you find yourself obsessing over your ex, get help. You aren’t showing emotional regulation.
10. In the real world, we need to be able to cope with our problems.